CIC is Taiwan’s first manufacturer to use epoxy resin to produce current transformers and voltage transformers (potential transformers). With decades of experience in electrical product manufacturing and application since 1974, CIC combines its own professional expertise with advanced technology transferred from Germany’s MWB Messwandler-Bau to produce its extensive line of CIC-branded, world-class instrument transformers ideal for use in a wide range of applications.
CIC operates its own internationally accredited electricity laboratory which performs type tests and routine tests for a variety of electrical and electronic products. As a result, the entire production procedure for CIC’s instrument transformers – including mold design, product manufacture, type testing, and pre-delivery routine testing – takes place within CIC’s well-coordinated manufacturing facilities. This crucial benefit ensures efficiency in product development, shortens product lead time, and reduces production costs.
In addition, CIC’s numerous product lines, including instrument transformers, distribution transformers, resin insulators, LV & MV reactors and autotransformers, etc.) can be produced according to special specifications and customer requests. CIC welcomes OEM/ODM service requests and can undertake projects in compliance with many international standards. Today, CIC products have been widely used in revenue and switchboard applications by power companies as well as major engineering and construction firms in the United States, Canada, Russia, Japan, and other countries.
Why Choose CIC
The CIC Advantage
- Technology transferred from Germany’s MWB Messwandler-Bau.
- Araldite® epoxy resin used as insulation material for current transformers, voltage transformers (potential transformers), and many other products.
- Swiss-manufactured equipment for the production of resin insulators.
- Continuous investment in highly specialized manufacturing and testing equipment for product quality advancement.
- More than 45 years of manufacturing expertise.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified.
- CIC-owned, internationally accredited* Advanced Electricity Lab (AEL) performs Type Tests for current transformers and voltage transformers, among other testing services provided.
- OEM and ODM solutions available.
* Accreditation by TAF (Taiwan Accreditation Foundation), a member of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation and a signatory to the ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement (ILAC MRA).
Download CIC’s Company Profile 2023