LV Intelligent Capacitor for Power Factor Correction and Energy Saving【Harmonic Suppression Type】
About the Product
LV Intelligent Capacitors for Power Factor Correction and Energy Saving (or simply called “intelligent capacitors”) belong to a new generation of reactive power compensation equipment. These smart capacitors can be used as individual compensators or as part of a centralized capacitor bank, formed by two or more capacitors connected in parallel. Compared to traditional capacitors, these intelligent capacitors offer additional protective features, including overvoltage, overtemperature, and undervoltage protection. Each intelligent capacitor comes with a built-in microprocessor, which automatically performs power-factor correction and controls the zero-crossing switch.
In addition, the "Harmonic Suppression" Type (WCX3 Series) can provide the extra capability of suppressing harmonics and preventing related damage.
- The built-in three-phase "zero-crossing switch" of the intelligent capacitor performs the switching operation (switch-on or switchoff) on its switch contacts one after the other, with a predetermined (fixed) time interval between the two. Figure 1 shows the current waveforms of Lines 1, 2, and 3 during a switch-on.
- During switch-on at the voltage zero-crossing point, no inrush current is generated, which reduces the impact on the main power source and extends the service life of the capacitor. See Figure 2(A).
- During switch-off at the current zero-crossing point, no arc flash is generated, which protects the switch contacts from damage. See Figure 2(B).
- Operating temperature: -25°C ~ +45°C
- Relative humidity for application: 20% ~ 90%
- Applicable altitude: ≤ 2,000 m
- Frequency: 50 or 60 Hz
- Phase: 3Φ
- System voltage: 220V / 380V (Harmonic Suppression Type)
- Special specifications available upon request
- High reliability of the intelligent capacitor has been demonstrated by a test of more than one million switch-on and switch-off operations.
- Each intelligent capacitor can perform power factor correction on its own. When two or more units are connected in parallel to form a centralized capacitor bank, the first unit in parallel acts as the power factor regulator of the capacitor bank (if the first unit fails, the second immediately takes over, and so on).
- Capable of self-diagnosis for fault detection, it also offers additional protective features such as overvoltage, overtemperature, and undervoltage protection.
- Each intelligent capacitor can display power factor, voltage, current, reactive power, number of connected capacitors, temperature, and indications of failure.
- Each unit undergoes a 48-hour burn-in test before delivery to ensure product quality.
- The WCX3 Series intelligent capacitors (Harmonic Suppression Type) have the additional capability of suppressing harmonics and preventing related damage.
- Related Products
LV Intelligent Capacitors 【Standard Type】 can be used as individual compensators or as part of a centralized capacitor bank. Compared to traditional capacitors, these intelligent capacitors offer additional protective features, including overvoltage, overtemperature, and undervoltage protection. Each unit comes with a built-in microprocessor, which automatically performs power-factor correction and controls the zero-crossing switch.
Low-voltage, single-phase or three-phase power capacitors, featuring self-restoring metallized polypropylene film and built-in tension fuses. Comes with a screw at the bottom for easy installation. Cylindrical-shape aluminum alloy casing.
Detuned reactors, connected in series, are necessary for circuits with high harmonic currents. These “series reactors,” usually part of a power factor correction (PFC) capacitor bank, help to reduce harmonics in currents, increase power efficiency, and prevent disasters caused by resonance.
Medium-voltage detuned reactors can be manufactured according to custom specifications and requirements. Please contact us for details.
- Download Materials